What we collect
You may choose to provide personal information to us when you visit our shop or website to make a purchase, sign up for a newsletter, or ask us to contact you. We may collect the following information:
- Contact information, including your name, postal address, email address and telephone number and where applicable social media username
- Details of purchases made on line
- Details of your interactions with us in our shop or online, or over the phone or through social media. For example wish list choices, web pages you visit, items viewed or added to your online basket.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, interests and your comments and product reviews
- Other personal information relevant to customer surveys and or offers, for example you might share information on your skin type which allows us to recommend appropriate beauty products
- Payment card information collected in our shop and through PayPal.
- We may also collect information automatically about your usage of our website using cookies and other technology (see later section on Cookies).
When we collect your personal data
We will collect your personal information when you:
- visit our website and buy products
- sign up to our newsletter in store or online.
- create an account with us online.
- purchase a product in store and pay by credit or debit card.
- sign up for an event , for example a skin care consultation or makeup event or request an item in store or by phone
- engage with us on social media.
- participate in the various loyalty schemes that POWDER participate in, for example Dr. Hauschka’s loyalty card.
- contact us by any means with queries, requests for information about a product or service, complaints etc.
- enter prize draws or competitions.
- choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- comment on or review the products we sell and our services.
- fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens in store, we may collect your personal data.
- give a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
How does POWDER use this information?
We will use your information for the specific purpose for which it has been provided or collected by us e.g.:
- to process any orders that you make by using our website or our shop. If we do not collect your personal data during checkout, we will not be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example your details may be passed to a third party to deliver your order and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds.
- to process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions
- to provide information that you may request regarding the services that we offer, e.g. whether we can assist you with product advice
- to process your booking onto one of our events
- to deal with your feedback, query or complaint. Having your information enables us to respond. We may keep a record of this to inform any ongoing communication with you
- to administer any prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent at the time of entering
- to contact you with your views on our services for example questionnaires
- to share your information with law enforcement in complying with our legal obligations
We also use your information to administer, support, improve and develop our business generally and to enforce our legal right and legitimate business interests.
We may also use the information that we collect about you via email, text and telephone, social media and by post for marketing e.g. to update you on products, promotions, special offers, events, competitions and general news.
Information gathered through cookies and similar technologies are used to measure and analyse information on visits to our website, to tailor the website to make them better for visitors and to improve technical performance. We will not use the data to identify you personally or to make any decisions about you.
We must have a lawful basis for processing your information; this will vary on the circumstances of how and why we have your information but typical examples include:
- The activities are within our legitimate interests as a retailer seeking to engage with and provide services to prospective and current customers
- You have given consent for us to process your information e.g. in relation to certain marketing activities
- To protect your interests e.g. if you were unfortunate enough to fall ill or suffer an injury on our premises.
We may use your information to invite you to events or send you information that we think will interest you.
You will be given an opportunity to tell us whether or not you wish to receive direct marketing materials and communications from us either at the time you submit or provide your details to us and/or within the communication itself.
If you do not wish to receive any direct marketing material or communications after you submit or provide your details, please contact us using the details in the How to contact us section (stating unsubscribe in the heading of any email message) indicating if you do not wish to be contacted for one or more of these marketing purposes and/or via particular forms of communication e.g. email or telephone.
If you change your mind about being contacted by us in the future or change address or if any information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date please let us know by using the contact information in the How to contact us section below.
We occasionally tailor our marketing to the interests of particular customers and contacts to ensure we provide information and invitations of interest and relevance to them.
Disclosure of information
Some of the information you provide to POWDER will be held on our computer at our premises and will only be accessed by our staff. Some of the information you provide to us may be transferred to, stored and processed by third party organisations which process data for us and on our behalf. These third parties may be based (or store or process information) in the UK or elsewhere including outside of the EEA. These third parties may include IT companies who support our website and other business systems, operational companies such as delivery couriers, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and PayPal. We never sell your data to any third party.
Occasionally we share your data with a third party for their own purpose, for example with your consent, given at the time you supply your personal data, we may pass that data to a third party for their direct marketing purposes. For example if we run a joint event with one our suppliers and you agree to receive direct communications from them.
We may for the purposes of fraud management share your information with law enforcement bodies. We may also be obliged to disclose data under certain laws or by order of court or other competent regulatory body or may be permitted to disclose it under applicable data protection laws.
Protection of your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to guard against and minimise the risk of loss, misuse or unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and in store.
Where we transfer information to third parties to enable it to process it on our behalf, we ensure that the providers meet the relevant legal or regulatory requirements for transferring data to them and keeping it secure.
We will also ensure that where information is transferred to a country or international organisation outside of the UK or EEA, we will comply with the relevant legal rules governing such transfers.
We keep your personal information no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information, although those rights will not apply in all cases or to all information that we hold about you.
You have the right to request that we
- Provide you with a copy of the your personal information that we hold
- Update your personal information where it is out of date or incorrect
- Delete personal information that we hold
- Restrict the way in which we process your information, for example that we stop using your data for direct marketing
- Consider any valid objections to our processing of your personal information
- Provide information you have given to us to a third party provider of services (where our lawful basis for processing is consent and where processing is automated)
We will respond to your request (including providing information on whether the rights apply in the particular circumstances) within the applicable time period.
If we are not sure of your identity and to protect the confidentiality of your information, we may require you to provide further information in order for us to confirm who you are before proceeding with any request you make under this policy. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing and we must always comply with your request. There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails
- If you have a website account, log in to your POWDER account, at www.powdercfc.co.uk, visit the ‘My Account’ area and change your preferences.
Changes to this policy
POWDER may make changes to this policy from time to time as our business practices and/or laws change. We will not make any use of your personal information that is inconsistent with the original purpose(s) for which it was collected or obtained (if we intend to do so, we will notify you in advance wherever possible) or otherwise than is permitted by law.
How to contact us
If you would like to get in touch to discuss this policy, how we use your personal information, to exercise your rights or to provide feedback or make a complaint about the use of your information, please contact us as follows:
Telephone: 01844 214816
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Use the contact page on our website www.powdercfc.co.uk
You can also contact the Information Commissioner Office for information, advice or to make a complaint if you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data. You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113, or visit their website www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used, for example Google Analytics. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.